Are you looking for the best PC cleaning tool? Well, this breed of utility tools is designed to supposedly make your computer faster by optimizing some settings. But, of course, no magic is going to happen in any case, and your PC can only get faster up to its designed capacity. Anyway, these PC cleanup tools could be of some help, at least.
What does a computer cleaner do?
You might want to know precisely what data of yours is getting destroyed during the process. When we talk about the typical free pc cleanup utilities for Windows 10, they promise to remove various things, including junk files, browser history, browser cookies, leftovers from uninstalled apps, etc.
Furthermore, some of these tools also have a paid version, giving you access to more features such as one-click maintenance and so on.
Are these PC clean up tools useful?
I won’t say you should totally depend on computer cleaning software to keep your machine optimized as there are some good practices that every user should follow to keep their PC safe and sound. However, they can be helpful in some scenarios if you choose the right tool.
Various Windows cleaner tools are often questioned because there are a lot of evil fishes in the sea. Some cleanup tools only make your computer slower than before. They try to install unwanted software by tricking you, or some of them kill off essential system processes. All in the name of making your PC faster.
Some PC optimization tools even try to hype up small, even non-existent issues. They intend to make the user, who isn’t much tech-savvy, panic and end up paying for the software.
But my personal experience with a couple of free computer clean up tools hasn’t been that bad. I remember getting a significant improvement in my old PC’s boot time after I cleared the junk data using CCleaner.
Still, I won’t recommend using any random cleaning tool to fix your PC. In fact, as it’s said, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
Anyway, here some of the best computer cleaners that you can try if you seriously feel the need to use them on your machine.
5 Best PC Cleaner Tools for Windows 10 (2020)
- Storage Sense
- Disk Cleanup
- Avast Cleanup
- Advanced SystemCare Free
1. Storage Sense – the built-in free computer cleaner
If you’re using Windows 10, then I’d ask you not to go any farther than the Settings app on your PC. Windows 10 comes with a built-in PC cleanup tool called Free Up Space, which is a part of Storage Sense.
Free Up Space also does most of the job as a regular Windows cleaner would do. It’s just that you don’t need to install any third-party app, and it’s completely safe from malware.
How to use Free Up Space on Windows 10?
- Go to Settings > System > Storage.
- Click on “Configure Storage Sense or run it now” option.
- Scroll down and click on Clean Now.
On the same page, you can also configure how you want to delete temporary files related to apps or if you want to auto-delete files in your Downloads folder after a specified number of days.
Furthermore, you can enable the Storage Sense tool if you want Windows 10 to clean your hard drive from time to time manually.
What are the Pros and Cons of Storage Sense?
- You don’t need to install this computer cleaning software.
- Works without any issues. Updates automatically with Windows 10 updates.
- Clears junk files from your computer.
- Can automatically optimize your storage, clean recycle bin, and Downloads folder.
- It’s buried deep inside the Settings app, not much visible to the user.
- This free cleanup software isn’t supported on older versions of Windows.
2. Disk Cleanup – free PC cleaner for older Windows versions
For those who are running older versions such as Windows 7, Windows 8.1, the built-in Disk Cleanup is probably the best free computer cleaner that you can get without doing anything.
For some reason, if you don’t like Storage Sense, Disk Cleanup is also available on Windows 10. The built-in disk cleaner utility can remove old Windows installation files after a feature update to free around tens of GBs of space on your PC.
Just pull up the Start Menu and type Disk Cleanup. It’s somewhat slower than the Free Up Space on Windows 10, but you can still get rid of a lot of junk that’s living on your PC.
What are the pros and cons of Disk Cleanup?
- Because of its successor, Storage Sense, it’s UI now looks old.
- Does the job of removing junk files, temporary internet files, thumbnails, etc.
- It can remove older Windows installation data to free up large amounts of space.
- Can clear data from your Downloads folder and Recycle Bin.
CCleaner is probably the most famous Windows cleaner tool among all the ones out there. Not just Windows 10 (and older versions), this utility software is also available for macOS as well. What makes it one of the best free PC cleaner apps is the numerous feature it offers in addition to data removal functionality. For example, you can use it to wipe your hard drive.
While this PC optimizer tool is quite popular, there is a growing skepticism over its use owing to some features such as Active Monitoring that could make users doubt the privacy aspect. However, Piriform has taken steps to tackle those issues. Still, while using it, you should be aware of what options are enabled in the settings.
What are the pros and cons of CCleaner Free Version?
- Easy to use app that analyzes junk data on machines and deletes them quickly.
- Users can configure which kind of data the PC clean up software should delete during the process.
- Intelligent cookie scan to leave login information intact while clearing browsing data.
- The CCleaner free version includes features that do the job most of the time.
- The user can exclude specific folders from the cleanup process.
- CCleaner includes many other extra features like Disk Wiper.
- Receive regular software updates, but the free version doesn’t update automatically.
- Intelligent cookie scan feature could raise privacy concerns among some users.
This PC clean up tool comes from the renowned antivirus-maker Avast Technologies. Avast Cleanup can be a good choice for the users who want a reliable and easy to use PC cleanup software.
However, this tool from Avast comes with a price tag. But you can take a trial run and see if it suits your needs.
The Pros and Cons of Avast Cleanup
- The UI is good looking and easy to navigate.
- Can clear out junk files related to various supported apps.
- Sleep Mode prevents less required apps from consuming system resources.
- Can detect and suggest removal of bloatware and other less-used apps on your computer.
- Can clear temporary browsing data for over 25 supported browsers.
- Comes with built-in disk wiper and registry cleaner tools.
- No free version exists.
Advanced SystemCare is yet another free PC cleaner and PC optimizer you can take advantage of on your Windows machine. It’s developed by IObit, which makes other useful Windows utility software including Uninstaller, Start Menu for Windows 8, etc.
What are the pros and cons of Advanced SystemCare?
- Advanced SystemCare is an easy-to-use free computer clean up software with essential features visible on its user interface.
- Can do startup optimization, delete junk files, fix redundant shortcuts, clear browsing data, etc.
- This free PC optimizer can check outdated system drivers, and optimize RAM usage.
- Functionality can be extended by adding add-ons like IObit Uninstaller, Driver Booster, Smart Defrag, and so on.
- Displays desktop widget with real-time data on RAM and CPU usage.
- Can shut down your PC at a specified time.
- Tries to install extra software during the setup process.
PC Cleaner Tools At A Glance
|PC Cleaner Software||Price||Supported Platforms|
|Storage Sense||Free||Windows 10|
|Disk Cleanup||Free||Windows 10/8/7|
|CCleaner||Free, $19.95||Windows 10/8/7|
|Avast Cleanup||$59.99/year (Premium)||Windows 10/8/7|
|Advanced SystemCare||Free, $19.99 (Pro)||Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP|
So, guys, these are some of the best PC cleaner apps for Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, etc. We’ll continue to update this list, so don’t forget to check it out in the coming future.
The post 5 Best PC Cleaner Software For Windows 10 (2020) – Clean My PC appeared first on Fossbytes.